lundi 15 mars 2010

in english for the kiwis

I’ve promised I’d do my best to write something in English, so that is what I am doing. I wanted to translate the message but I had a look on the title and well, it’s just impossible. I will just tell how I ended up writing in English, and I’ll try to sum up my journey in the south island.

While Marie and her boyfriend were playing cards in their hotel room, I found a good place to stay in the DOC camping ground not too far from Wellington. I did a short walk in the wood before spending my first night alone in Rodrigette (that’s the name of my fabulous campervan, and no, you cannot drive it if you’re not Marie, my sister or me). The next morning, I saw those guys having breakfast near me and Rodrigette since I was close to the “kitchen”. I noticed that one of them was still in his sleeping bag, which was a proof that they should be good persons. This feeling was confirmed when I went to the kitchen to wash my dishes, and the boys asked me quite worried if I needed to cook something: indeed the kitchen was quite a mess. Anyway I knew then that they were gentlemen, so I asked them whether I could walk with them if they intended to do so. So they did, and we had this lovely walk under the trees, along the river, and in the river for the last 500m. Then we played games that made us drink no alcohol, they showed me philosophy books, and later one of them did not run half naked around us. We also ate those sausages that contain about 20% of meat, including pork, and cheese in the middle. I had such a good time with them that it was hard to leave them, but one of them gave me his hat which is the most beautiful hat in the world and which I look at when I feel nostalgic of that week end.

Fortunately I went on traveling, with Marie and her boyfriend Patate, and the south island is really beautiful. I love the coasts, the mountains, the lakes, the blue water of the lakes and of the rivers, the glaciers, the sounds, the little blue penguins, the yellow eyed penguins, the I don’t know their names but let’s say birds, the fur seals, the humpback whale, the dolphins, the black coral which is white, the starfishes with 11 legs… But I hate sandflies. They are useless and mean.

now I'm back to the north island, and my sister is here, yeeeehhaaaa!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire